Friday, February 12, 2010

For those of us who need rescued...

Psalm 91:14
"Because he loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him;"

This verse really gives peace. God says he will rescue us because we love him. He doesn't say that he will rescue us because we have done everything right and deserve it. What a good God we have. He wants us to love him, and he wants to show up and rescue us from the things in our lives that we need rescued from. Most of us live in our relationship with God as if he is only going to hold up his end of the bargain dependent on how we live our lives. God is the same God yesterday, today and tomorrow. Our measily little life won't change who God says he is or who he will be. The answer to being rescued from the problems and trials that we face is to love our God wholeheartedly and let him take care of showing up and helping us. Don't try to do God's job for him. He is plenty capable. We are the ones that make our life complicated. When we go back to God's word, we can find freedom in knowing all we have to do is trust him. The rest of the verse early stated is this:
"I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation."
He is doing all this for us because he loves us so much, and all we have to do is love him back.

1 comment:

  1. yesss... again the first to comment. i'm the king of the world! ok maybe not. another great one darling. you're becoming my favorite author.

    mainly because i love you and you're talented... but also because i just don't read anything else :)

    love you!

    ReplyDelete